Part-Time Youth Director
To develop programs and relationships with the youth of our church and their friends enabling them to
grow in Christ and their mission to the world and to reach un-churched youth in our community.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a youth Bible Study once a week.
- Teach youth Sunday School or work with a teacher to do so.
- Plan and facilitate several special events a year (Gym outreach night, canoe trips, winter retreat, etc.)
- Develop relationships with youth. (Through programs and attending sports games, chorus concerts, etc.)
- Encourage youth participation at and help lead area conference events (YPU Shore Trip, YPU Volleyball Tournament, etc.)
- Recruit, train, and lead adult volunteers as youth advisors.
- Develop and maintain good communication with the parents and church leadership.
- Has made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is living in a daily relationship with Him evidenced in their personal life, relationships, and ministry.
- Stands on the authority of Godâ??s word.
- Accepts, agrees, and supports our vision and statements of faith.
- Operates with love and grace and is gentle and patient in spirit.
- Sets a Godly example of a disciple of Christ exhibiting no detrimental habits or behaviors.
- Will attend Springfield Mennonite worship services regularly and pursue becoming a member.
Ministry Skills and Attributes
- Loves youth and desires to nurture their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Is an excellent communicator and able to teach Biblical truths to youth.
- Relates well with youth and understands their culture, characteristics, and the challenges they face.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Capable of recruiting, training, and supporting adult advisers.
- Is a team player.
Education and Experience
- College degree or pursuing one required.
- Youth Ministry degree and/or experience a plus.
- Meet with the Pastor on a frequent basis.
- Meet Church Council only when requested.
- Meet with Spiritual Council only when requested.
Compensation and Hours
- Fifteen hours average per week
- Two weeks paid vacation
- $14,000 - $16,000 per year dependent upon education and experience.